Header 1

Header 1
Time travle

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Story telling

Well, at least it hasn't been a few months, so that's something.
I have applied to be a stock photographer with istockphotos.com and am eagerly awaiting news on whether my application has been approved or not.
So I have been spending a bit of time here and there reading about the policies, best practices, and procedures of capturing and submitting photos.
And of course, as with any brain like mine, I found myself thinking about what it is that makes an excellent, exciting, or likeable photograph.
One of the types of photography that speak to me in the deepest way is a photo that makes me, in spite of all resistances, wonder... wonder the 'who','what'.'where','when', and 'how'. But my all time favourite type of captured moment is the one that makes me wander through the mystery beyond the frame, into the still. Longing to feel the moment, to be in that moment... and before I know - the photo has taken me there.
Then back.
Hairs raised.
That is the difference in worth!
A difference between a 1000 word recipe for south-american jambalaya, and a 1000 word award winning short.
Tell a story with your pictures. And remember, if you aren't drawn to see that story, then how could you ever hope to capture it?

No comments:

Post a Comment